Renewing MembershipMembership renewals are done through the national site. If you want to renew your membership in the KW-RASC, please use the following link.
Why Join the KW-RASC?
The KW-RASC offers a chance for like-minded people to come together
and promote amateur Astronomy. We encourage anyone with an
interest in Astronomy to join and become an active member in the
Activities that active members of the club do:
- Enjoy an evening with at one or both of the monthly meetings and the social time afterwards.
- Go out observing to the club's dark sky site or other locations around KW.
- Help out with club events and activities for the public.
- Assist and mentor new members with observing or astrophotography.
- Participate with star parties for our outreach program - which includes holding star parties for Grade 6 students, Scouts and Guides.
- Work together for the common good, promoting Astronomy.
Benefits of KW-RASC Membership
- Attending the monthly meetings where we have guest speakers, talks and share our astronomy observations.
- Gain access to the club's Conestogo Lake Observing dark site.
- Receive the annual RASC Observers
Handbook which contains comprehensive information on the year's
astronomical events, articles on observing comets, meteors, planets,
the moon, deep sky objects, and much more (MSRP $25.95).
- Receive SkyNews, the popular bimonthly Canadian astronomy magazine edited by Terry Dickinson (1 year subscription $26).
- Gain borrowing privileges for our excellent and growing library of astronomy books.
- Gain rental privileges to the Centre's Dobsonians and equatorial mounted telescopes, complete with eyepieces.
- Receive the R.A.S.C. Journal, a bimonthly periodical mix of members' articles, astronomy news from across Canada, and peer reviewed research articles.
- Access to the current edition of the "Pulsar", our Centre Newsletter. You can read past issues here.
- Purchase the RASC Beginner's Observing Guide at a significant discount as a new member.
- Optional membership in the KW-RASC Keen Observers Email List which lets other know who is going out observing when on short notice as the weather permits.
- Can list items for sale on the Club's website.
- Can add astrophotos to the Club's Gallery.
- Gain access to the entire Club's website pages as well as the
RASC national website.
How to Join:
As a courtesy to those who might ultimately join the KW Centre and
wish to find out more about what we do and who we are, we encourage you
to come out to a few meetings and join in on an observing session as a
guest. We hope you will enjoy the time spent with us and will
want to join.
All new memberships and renewals are processed by RASC National.
Membership Rates (Feb 2012):
21 or under
These fees include a National Fee which is remitted to the National
Society and a Centre Fee which supports our local programs and services.
Additional family members can join for an extra $5 each.
There are three convenient ways to join our Centre
(Visa and MasterCard are accepted):
- Can join on-line using your credit card by visiting www.rasc.ca/join.
- Can download a printed application form from that page and send it to the RASC National Office, or
- Can call the RASC National Office (from 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Eastern time) at 416-924-7973.
When joining please set the center affiliation to Kitchener-Waterloo.
- Renew your membership by visiting www.rasc.ca/renew. Follow the directions there to login to your membership account on our member portal and renew with your credit card.
- Complete your annual renewal form (sent by email or paper mail) and send it to the RASC National Office.
- Call the RASC National Office (from 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Eastern time) at 416-924-7973.
National Office Contact Information
Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
203-4920 Dundas Street West
Toronto, ON M9A 1B7
KW RASC Contact Information
If you have any questions about your membership in the KW RASC Centre, please feel free to contact any member of our Council using email.